Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Nokia N70
Buying something out of first salary is always special. But it took me 7 months after joining to spend on something (apart from my day to day expenses). Hyderabad-la iruntha varai nammala Mumbai anupurennu company-la solrathu oru weekly ritual. So I wanted to have something that would be a good time pass there and what better time pass is there than listening to music! So I zeroed in on Nokia N70 Music Edition. N70 romba nalla model thaan – it does everything it is supposed to do and lives upto all the expectations.. as far as the functionality goes I am pleased… so gr8 buy illaya?? Hmmm not exactly.. buying a mobile phone for 15.4k is one thing but keeping it safe wherever u travel is another. Yenga ponalum periodically I would check if it is with me or yevanaathu sutotanaanu. Phone kizha vizhuntha I’ll have my heart in my mouth. Even if I slip somewhere I’ll first worry about the phone falling down. Similarly every small scratch would be painful as if I was hurt!! If it rains the first worry? Phone would get wet!! Inga naane ninayuren !
Gone are those days when I had a max of 60 Rupees in my pocket and happily traveled even on footboard worrying about nothing. At that time I would bring that 60 Rs back home safely as the only thing I had to buy was bus ticket. Mazhai, veiyil… yentha kavalayum illa. Now I have a decent savings account and with it comes a debit card and a ‘lifetime free’ credit card. Ithungala vera paathukaakanum athuvum Chennai maathiri crowded city-la. As you acquire more assets they start controlling you and steal ur happiness but inspite of knowing that u r not prepared to leave them either- catch 22?

My first major buy has taught me an important lesson. Not to spend heavily on something unless necessary. But I have a bad habit of repeating mistakes. It would be a real big test for me when I go shopping for a car in the future. The car enthusiast in me has to be tamed – a huge task!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me more than 2 years for me to spend on something other than my daily expenses.

Like you, I m under the control of CC, Mobile, etc. Big headache when I go out.

Dinesh

SK said...

Nee yennoda slow-a irukaye!!

Ajoy said...

tI am also eagerly looking forward to your first car purchase. I hope it is earlier than ur proposed marriage plans

Anonymous said...

mr.pithan, karthik marriage plans are scheduled and now is in execution phase. ;-)

Dinesh

SK said...

Anne naanum vanganumnu thaan paakuren.. but currently funding problem anne... loan podama vanganumnu paakuren. Besides Marriage appadiye Nadanthaalum Athula irukura kaasum pogidume!!

SK said...

Adapaavi Dinesh.. yenake theriyama nee execution ku poitaye!

Anonymous said...

unga veetla pora speeda paatha unakku inneram kalyanam aagi irukanumae? ;-)

Dinesh

Anonymous said...

its been 2months now and suggest you to blog something as its a holiday for u tomorrow.